
Parenthood is a learning process. I'm finding the 'end' of the terrible twos are the hardest. Lately Kennedy is pushing and testing boundaries. I've always prided myself on being a strict parent, but these last few weeks have discouraged me. I try to stay positive and know that if I am consistent it will all work out, but I cannot help but feel like a failure some days.
I think all parents sometimes feel like they aren't doing the best job they can, or that things aren't turning out how we'd have hoped. I have a friend whose blog I keep up with and she always has the parenting advice I seem to be in need of.
I'm learning each day to have more patience, be more loving, and to work through the issues as they arise. It isn't always easy and I am no where near perfect, but I do the best I can and what I believe is right at the moment. I do have times when I am not the best I can be, but I'm trying to make that less and less.
If you are a struggling parent, trying to work your way through the terrible twos without selling your child to the gypsies (kidding of course!), know you are not alone. We all have rough times and our kids are people, little limit pushing people trying to find their way in this world. You are not alone!
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Learning
Posted by WilliamsFamily08 at 7:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment